Monday, December 15, 2008

Should I Jail Break

I got my Touch about 6 months before 2.0. at first I was really impressed at what it could do, browse the web, e-mail write notes.... ummm. wait a sec this is kinda lame. was my exact thoughts right after I got it. it didn't take much time browsing the web and looking at all of the apps out there for me to decide to jail break. It wasn't more than a day before I had tons of apps and was totally excited about my Touch again.
after a month of downloading every app I could find, I got the point of frustration, I downloaded a few bad apps, my calculator only showed a full screen 0, I had a few apps that would lock up my touch the second you tapped on them. I was ready to wipe and start over. Just about that time 2.0 came out and I said what the heck I'll try it. and I haven't looked back. I like the tons of free apps that a jailbroken phone can offer, but I love the reliability and stability that 2.0 and now 2.2 can provides.
So to answer the question, only you can decide, don't let the warranty void issue scare you, make up you mind based on the apps each can provide. I'm more than happy with not jail breaking, but if you find that must have App that only works if jail broken then go for it, you can always go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment